The last day!
This was a light day that quickly went over the remainder of the devices. This was the file devices, the datetime device and the audio devices. I played around with the file device and that seems straightforward to use but I’ll need to practice with it as the first thing I want to do is build an editor in uxn because I think that would be fun.
I tried the datetime device but when writing to the console I think I’m write the raw byte when really I want the ascii representation so I’ll need to look at how to do that. So far I’ve only used the
LIT opcode to print things.
The audio devices look cool but I haven’t played around with them yet.
Overall this tutorial was really good and I’m happy that I stuck with it through the first few days that were slower. I’ll need to build something with uxn before I can really think about if this was useful or not. It was an interesting and fun diversion though.
The final code that I wrote the tutorial:
( day 7 ) ( devices ) |10 @Console [ &vector $2 &read $1 &pad $5 &write $1 &error $1 ] |a0 @File0 [ &vector $2 &success $2 &stat $2 &delete $1 &append $1 &name $2 &length $2 &read $2 &write $2 ] |b0 @File1 [ &vector $2 &success $2 &stat $2 &delete $1 &append $1 &name $2 &length $2 &read $2 &write $2 ] |c0 @DateTime [ &year $2 &month $1 &day $1 &hour $1 &minute $1 &second $1 &dotw $1 &doty $2 &isdst $1 ] ( main ) |0100 ;file/name .File0/name DEO2 #0006 .File0/length DEO2 ;file/read-data .File0/read DEO2 .File0/success DEI2 #0000 EQU2 ,&failed JCN &pass LIT "Y .Console/write DEO ,&end JMP &failed LIT "N .Console/write DEO ,&end JMP &end BRK @file &name "test.txt 00 &read-data ff